Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pennies from Heaven

Literally: pennies (old people, explain to the young people. I'll wait...) twenty cents has mysteriously appeared in my bank account. (If anyone from my bank is reading this, nothing has appeared in my anything. I'm making it up.) Seriously Twenty cents. When I found it today, it made me feel SO happy, because it's the best thing that's happened to me in a long time. Then I felt sad, because if getting 20c is the best thing that's happened to me in a long time, the rest of my life must be a big crunchy plate of crap.
I then went grocery shopping. I went to Coles, which is becomming delightfully affordable, even for wonderfully broke people who get excited about 20c. I bought enough food for myself for 3-5 days for under $7, and am no longer the worst vegetarian ever, as I am now the proud owner of three carrots, a pear, a potato two apples and a tomato... plus this thing that is a vegetable but I don't know what it is and it came in a soup pack.

I will be going up to Maryborough next week to visit my mum. I was hoping dad would be there too, but he'll be at work on an oil rig. I'm a little nervous about the trip up, coz I'll be taking more than one train, and I've never done that on my own before. I figure my dad does it all the time, and he once tried to make a call from the TV remote, so it can't be that difficult.
I'm not sure if I should start packing to move to Nana's now, or wait until I get back from Maryborough, so I can pack things in my travel bag as well? I may do half-and-half. Input on this vital decision is welcome from all members of the peanut gallery (old people, explain to the young people. I'll wait...).
I'll let you all know how my trip went once I get to Maryborough, if I can get library time to use the computer. I may have to pretend to be my mother and use her library card.

That's all for now,
Signed with love,
The Pretty Kitty

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Hello! Just discovered your blog through 20sb. Welcome on board ! and congratulation for the few cents on your bank account ! small pleasures in life are the best :)

My name is Valerie and I am working as an intern for a website named HerFuture.com and basically it's a wonderful tool to create connections and mentoring relationships with other likeminded women. It's just very inspiring and I met amazing people there! I think you might be interested in checking it out. There are many groups called Power Posses for all type of subjects including health, career opportunities, self growth …etc. Members share their goals and desires, and are encouraged to reach out for advice. It is really a wonderful place and there is such a great positive energy out there. It’s so regenerative!

If you have any questions about it, I'd be more than happy to answer it :)

Anyway, I'm on the website if you decide to create a profile, so don't hesitate to add me and I could introduce you to some other people depending on what you’re looking for.