Saturday, September 5, 2009

Can't think of a creative title. Bugger!

I was going to have a nice picnic dinner tonight with a friend of mine that I've so far only met on Twitter, but this happened and that happened and now it's not happening tonight. It's ok, I was already wearing make-up so I went out anyway. I took some of the food I'd bought for the picnic and I bought myself a choc-top ice cream from Hungry Jacks; I can't figure out for the life of me why everything is an average of 55c more expensive from the Hungry Jacks in the shopping centre compared to most others. My ice cream was $1.10, making it 10% more expensive than usual. Explain that, corporate giant!

Anyway, after I leave the internet cafe tonight I will probably do exactly what I was going to do if my friend had been able to make it- I will go to the park and play in the children's playground for a few hours, or until the park security guard feels the need to inquire about my well being.

Tomorrow I will be packing my bag for an action-packed week of adventure- I'm going to Maryborough on Monday. For those of you who don't know, Maryborough is a small semi-rural city (28 000 people) north of the Sunshine Coast, south of Bundeberg, near Hervey Bay. I'm going to be visiting my mother, who is obviously a crazy cat lady (and a crazy frog lady) but it's ok, because she has a husband, so she can have as many cats as she wants (she only has four, plus two of mine she looks after until I find a place where I can keep them myself; not so bad). She has frogs everywhere. Live ones, statues, postcards, fridge magnets, whatever! The area at the top of the back steps is called "Frog City". Up to fifteen frogs camp here every night. Frogs in Frog city enjoy the luxury of a swimming pool (pH balanced and regularly cleaned) and a white light that draws lots of bugs, turned on for this purpose for half an hour per night. All this is nothing compaired to what the cats get. One of the cats sleeps on Mum's bed. If she's lucky, Mum is allowed to sleep there, too. Three of the cats have their own bedroom with everything a cat could ever dream of (no dogs allowed!) and the other has claimed the entire area under the high-set house. The sixth cat is a stray, but I'm his favourite person, so one day he will live with me. When we first met this stray cat, he was skin and bone, and unable to eat due to infected gums. We prepared mushed food mixed with egg and milk for him a few times a day and he would drink it down and purr happily. His gums are long since heeled, but he expects this meal to be prepared for him regardless, and will not eat anything else! Mum is more than happy to do this for him. Crazy cat lady.
We also have two dogs, a bird, some *beautiful* water snails and some gold fish. They're all very loved and spoilt, but I think the cats and frogs get the best deal.
My Dad works away on an oil rig out in the desert, so he won't be home when I go to stay, which is a shame, but I'll take a Fathers' Day pressent up with me anyhow and leave it for when he gets back. (I love you, Dad!)

This is all for now,
Signed with love,
The Pretty Kitty.

No comments: