Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Can I come live with you?

I'm now miserable again. In Hervey Bay, my Mum mentioned my break-up, and I burst into tears and said, "Make it not be real, Mummy!". People stared. Mum hugged me and bought me a hot chocolate sponge pudding.
My trip home was pretty good. I now feel expert at trains and things, and I like them much better than buses.
I got home this afternoon to be told by my mother (over the phone) that my Nana, my own sweet little Nana, doesn't want me to stay with her. She says I, an adult human being whom has been taking care of herself at least mostly independently for about eight years now, am too much of a responsibility for her to look after. FUCK! (Maybe she read what I wrote about the "secret meat" and is taking her slow, elderly revenge?)
Anyway, here's the list of why I can't stay where I am living and this situation as a disaster: 1) can't afford the rent; 2) Tearful memories of both good and bad times spent with ex-bf; 3) sometimes things fall on me through the upstairs floor, including muddy water and sand (or I hope it's only sand) which goes in my eyes/on my face/in various other places; 4) I would quite like my own space; 5) Maybe I could have a pet living somewhere else?...6) There is no lock on my door, and one night I came home and a woman I didn't know was sleeping in my bed.

I'm actually applying to be a house-sitter, which means I only need somewhere to go for about a month, until I get a "sitter's gig". I feel so lost. I have no home, no job, very little money, I'm having trouble with my childcare course, no boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever and my Maryborough church has closed for good, which sucks some of the fun out of Maryborough.

All suggestions are welcome if any of y'all have some ideas.

Signed with love,
The Pretty Kitty.

No comments: